The Salvatore Ferragamo Brand
Fashion house established in Florence by Salvatore Ferragamo (initially from Avellino) in 1927. In 1914 he moved to Boston within the USA, carrying his passion for shoes and the nice crafting abilities. In the early twenties he strikes to Santa Barbara, California, the place he opens a store for footwear fixing. California was, in those years, the great wonderland the place the movie trade was starting to flourish; this translated in a excessive request of customized made shoes, which after all meant that Salvatore Ferragamo turned the “shoemaker of the stars”. Due to the high manufacturing costs and the lack of capable craftsmen, in 1927 Ferragamo goes again to Italy and establishes the “Ferragamo Shoe manufacturing unit”; in a photo of the time, the well-known typographic logotype appeared already. In 1938, on account of a growth in manufacturing, Ferragamo acquires the Palazzo Spini Feroni in Florence as headquarters of his offices. In the early fifties, to rejoice his first parade in Florence, the tag-brand was barely restyled: the black-white contrast is lightened and the title of the style designer seems too. In 1958 the “hook” appears for the primary salvatore ferragamo stores in singapore time on one of many purses: even though it is not and by no means will be the official logo of the model, it remains to be very recognizable, because of its presence on most of the products; legend has it that Ferragamo was inspired by the gate of Palazzo Spini Feroni. In 1960, after the loss of life of the founder, the logotype with his signature appears. The company was left in the hands of his wife and his six youngsters who, as soon as they grew to become eligible, lined key roles in the administration of the company, additionally contributing to its growth. In 1982 a new restyling simplifies the founder’s signature; the first letter “F” was used as inspiration for some decorated cloths and as title for a perfume.