The Salvatore Ferragamo Brand
Fashion house established in Florence by Salvatore Ferragamo (originally from Avellino) in 1927. In 1914 he moved to Boston within the USA, carrying his passion for shoes and the nice crafting abilities. In the early twenties he strikes to Santa Barbara, California, where he opens a shop for shoes fixing. California was, in those years, the nice wonderland where the movie industry was beginning to flourish; this translated in a high ferragamo men belts for sale request of customized made sneakers, which in fact meant that Salvatore Ferragamo became the “shoemaker of the stars”. Because of the excessive manufacturing costs and the lack of succesful craftsmen, in 1927 Ferragamo goes back to Italy and establishes the “Ferragamo Shoe factory”; in a photo of the time, the well known typographic logotype appeared already. In 1938, as a result of a progress in manufacturing, Ferragamo acquires the Palazzo Spini Feroni in Florence as headquarters of his workplaces. Within the early fifties, to have fun his first parade in Florence, the tag-logo was barely restyled: the black-white contrast is lightened and the identify of the vogue designer appears too. In 1958 the “hook” seems for the first time on one of the purses: despite the fact that it isn’t and never would be the official emblem of the model, it remains to be very recognizable, on account of its presence on many of the merchandise; legend has it that Ferragamo was impressed by the gate of Palazzo Spini Feroni. In 1960, after the demise of the founder, the logotype together with his signature seems. The corporate was left in the fingers of his wife and his six kids who, once they turned eligible, covered key roles within the administration of the company, also contributing to its growth. In 1982 a brand new restyling simplifies the founder’s signature; the primary letter “F” was used as inspiration for some decorated cloths and as title for a perfume.